Over 35 Years of Responsive, Innovative, Effective Service
Since the early 1970s, clients have known that the attorneys at Rome McGuigan, P.C., will be available when they are needed.
- Our lawyers are ready to respond at a moment's notice.
- We offer thoughtful, innovative solutions.
- Our law firm works for results — effective solutions that fit each client's needs.
At Rome McGuigan, every client can count on receiving a high level of service. From major corporations to individuals, your case will have the attention, diligence and creativity necessary for a successful resolution. Our attorneys will work closely with you to ensure the best presentation of your case. We draw upon our collective experience and knowledge and apply our skills to solve your problems, not complicate them.
Review Our Practice Areas, and Tell Us How We Can Help
Rome McGuigan is a diverse law firm with a wide range of services designed to meet the needs of corporations, families and individuals.
- Trial practice. Our Connecticut business litigation attorneys try cases in state and federal courts here in Connecticut, around the country and internationally. From the outset we prepare your case to win at trial, thereby putting you in the best possible position to negotiate a favorable settlement.
- Corporate investigation. Our firm has a staff of lawyers with in-house investigative support who can conduct corporate investigations and enlist the assistance of experts whenever necessary. This can include the investigation of business transactions that are ongoing with another company, or internal investigations. We also handle any type of investigatory work that the corporate counsel for a business may require.
- Public sector investigations. The law firm of Rome McGuigan is known for its diligent investigative abilities. Our lawyers conduct thorough investigations on behalf of municipalities throughout Connecticut. This can include investigations for business fraud, regulatory violations or other unlawful activity by businesses, public officials or other business persons.
- Government investigations. Government investigations are intrusive and disruptive to individuals and businesses. They can also prove to be devastating if not handled properly. Our team of former prosecutors and trial attorneys will protect your rights and guide you through the process, allowing you to focus on your business needs.
- Corporate counsel support. Our firm is skilled at handling a range of business legal matters and can provide the focused experience and support corporate counsel needs. In addition, our attorneys have served in a full-time, in-house capacity for major corporations on short- and long-term bases, as needed.
- Intellectual property. We represent major companies throughout the world in connection with the investigation and litigation of the misappropriation of trade secrets and other intellectual property.
- Insurance defense. We handle the investigation and defense of complicated primary and excess claims around the country and around the world for major insurance companies, including claims involving catastrophic loss.
- Commercial litigation and bankruptcy. Our commercial and business litigation attorneys can assist your company with restructuring and recovery of problem business credits, contract disputes, bankruptcy litigation and foreclosure.
- Complex divorce and family law. The decisions you make about divorce, child custody, property division and support will have long-term effects on you and your family. High-asset divorces are clearly the most complicated and present significant issues regarding valuation of businesses, cash flow and marital assets. Our team of experienced trial lawyers, business lawyers and in-house investigators offer forensic capabilities designed to provide an optimum result when your assets are on the line.
- Business and contract. We assist businesses of all sizes with matters such as selling or purchasing a business, employment issues, contracts and all other aspects of your business structure and strategy.
- Real estate and finance. We understand the development process and have represented developers and lenders through all phases of permitting, construction, leasing and operations of commercial real estate projects — from residential subdivisions to multipurpose urban commercial developments.
- Corporate employment and labor law. From the creation of your employee handbook to an employment dispute to a charge of harassment or hostile work environment, our attorneys can assist your business in all areas with labor and employment laws.
- Municipal law. The attorneys in Rome McGuigan's municipal law practice serve as counsel for several cities and towns throughout the state and have extensive experience in zoning, civil rights litigation and contracting disputes. In addition, we have conducted numerous investigations concerning employee misconduct for local and state government.
- Tribal finance and gaming. Rome McGuigan is trusted legal counsel for the development, management and financing of Indian gaming and other tribal and private hotel and hospitality venues.
- Alternative dispute resolution. Traditional litigation is an expensive and time-consuming process. If you need an alternative to litigating in state or federal court, and choose alternative dispute resolution (ADR), our attorneys are experienced mediators and arbitrators available to handle your matters.
- Criminal defense. Our attorneys protect the rights and futures of those who have been charged with serious criminal matters, including white collar defense
- Personal injury. We fight for the compensation that you or your loved one deserve following an injury caused by someone else's negligence
Hartford Appellate Attorneys Handling Appeals Throughout Connecticut
Rome McGuigan offers a high-level and comprehensive appellate practice focused on developing individualized and effective appellate strategies that meet the particular demands of each case, whether it involves a criminal, business, civil or family law case. Learn more about our appellate practice:
- Criminal appeals. Our firm provides representation to parties involved in the criminal justice system. We provide those convicted of a crime with a second chance by reviewing the record of the underlying trial for potential infringements of constitutional, statutory and procedural rights.
Civil and family appeals. Arguing an appeal requires more than a command of legal precedents. Our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of procedural, philosophical and policy concerns of our state appellate courts, all of which are crucial to judicial decision-making.
Contact Us · 860.549.1000 · 866.558.6182
When you require a lawyer, we encourage you to call right away. We are concerned about your rights and your well-being. We have offices in Hartford, and Stamford, Connecticut, and we handle cases in Connecticut as well as nationally and internationally.