Representative Transactions Affordable Housing
- Our attorneys were lead counsel to Fleet Financial Group in connection with its divestiture of over 100,000 commercial and consumer loans totaling over $100 billion from Fleet pursuant to an asset divestiture required by the Justice Department as a precondition to Fleet's merger with BankBoston, N.A.
- Sovereign Bank in the $29,000,000 financing of the historic Colt Firearms factory in Hartford, Connecticut. The project involves the renovation of the two largest armories comprising almost 300,000 square feet into a combination of commercial and retail space and 238 market rate apartments. The project included additional funding from federal and state historic tax credits, a loan and grant from the Connecticut Department of Economic Development, and tax increment financing from the City of Hartford.
- Non-profit developer who purchased a portfolio of transitional housing pursuant to a sale leaseback transaction financed with $16,750,000 in variable rate bonds issued by Connecticut Housing Finance Authority.
- Developer of Kenyon Falls, an historic mill conversion in Coventry CT to 46 market rate residential condominiums.
- Numerous bond issues by the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority, Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority, and Connecticut Housing Finance Authority for nonprofit group homes and transitional housing.
- General counsel to the Manchester Housing Authority, and counsel to the Farmington Housing Authority.
Contact Us · 860.549.1000 · 866.588.6182
Speak with a lawyer at Rome McGuigan, P.C, today. We have offices in Stamford and Hartford, Connecticut.