Robbie Gerrick focuses her practice in the areas of Municipal Litigation, Toxic Tort, Personal Injury, Insurance Defense, Workers' Compensation and Appellate Practice. Ms. Gerrick earned her Juris Doctorate from University of Connecticut School of Law in 2002 and her B.A. from John Jay College in New York in 1999, magna cum laude.
Before joining Rome McGuigan, Ms. Gerrick was a law clerk for the Hartford Superior Court judges. She then went on to clerk for the Honorable Anne Dranginis at the Appellate Court, who is now a partner at Rome McGuigan.
Ms. Gerrick second-chaired and won her first trial in an insurance defense case. She was equally successful in her appeals before the State Appellate Court in: Hill v. Cohen & Wolf, 98 Conn. App. 905 (2006) and Konefal v, Konefal, 107 Conn. App. 354 (2008), cert. denied, 288 Conn. 902 (2008).
Ms. Gerrick is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of Connecticut and United States District Court of Connecticut. She is a member in good standing of the Connecticut Bar Association and the Hartford County Bar Association.
As a person who believes in giving back to the community, Ms. Gerrick has worked with Habitat for Humanity in building houses for low-income families.
Areas of Practice
- Municipal Litigation
- Toxic Tort-Asbestos
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Defense
- Worker's Compensation
- State Appellate Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2005
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2002
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York, United State of America
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1999
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Forensic Psychology
- Minor: English Literature
- Farmington, Rocky Hill, Cromwell
- Insurance Companies
- Manufacturing Companies
- Injured Workers
Honors and Awards
- Robbie Gerrick was selected to the 2011 Connecticut Rising Star list. Every year, Super Lawyers Magazine publishes the names of attorneys in Connecticut who were selected through a multi-phased selection process that includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The attorneys on the Super Lawyers list are limited to 5% of the practicing attorneys in Connecticut. For more information on the selection process and a complete list of attorneys selected for inclusion on the Super Lawyers list, visit superlawyers.com. For more about the standards for inclusion on the Connecticut Super Lawyers list, please see www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 2005 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- State of Connecticut, Appellate Court, Law Clerk for the Hon. Anne C. Dranginis, 2003 - 2004
- State of Connecticut, Superior Court, Law Clerk, 2002 - 2003